Even though you have installed SSL certificate on hosting server but still browser throws “insecure content error” as shown in below.
There are various ways to fix this error and this article shows following simple ways to use SSL and HTTPS In WordPress websites and blog. In order to eradicate error of SSL configuration refer this Article. Before enabling HTTPS it is very important to understand where to apply to it in a website. Authentication and shopping cart page would be the top option in list but improper configuration can lead to website to break.
The following are the ways to use SSL and HTTPS in WordPress:
- Setting Up Manually in WordPress
- Adding WordPress Plugins
Setting Up Manually in WordPress
There are various stages where manually setup is used.
- If a website is fresh then following manual configuration is used.
- Go from Dashboard Setting >> General Settings and use htttps://example.com instead of http://example.com
- If it is an existing website then use the following manual configuration
- Login to Cpanel and navigate to /public_html and look for htaccess file
- Open htaccess file and following lines
Adding WordPress Plugins
There are various plugins that helps in overcoming manual configurations.The following are the most common WordPress Plugins that are used for adding HTTPS :
- WordPress HTTPS
- Easy HTTPS Redirection
- WP Force SSL
- SSL Insecure Content Fixer
- Really Simple SSL
I personally preferred and use Really Simple SSL. It is very simple and easy to install with no configuration. Just installed and done. Once installed navigate from Dashboard Settings >> SSL and following information would be seen.
Following are the meaning for each icon in browser