Following factors needs to be check while selecting web hosting service provider for hosting WordPress websites:-
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater.
- MySQL Version 5.0 or greater.
- The mod_rewrite Apache Module.
How to host WordPress from local machine to Web hosting server?
- Before hosting website, select appropriate name for website and register from domain name register like GoDaddy etc.
- Register with web hosting companies by creating account and get username, password for accessing servers.
- Mapped domain name with web hosting servers. The server names are provided by domain name registration companies through domain name is been register.
- In order to host website login to cpanel for server which is normally www.nameofwebsiite.com/cpanel
- Use credentials provided by web hosting company to login in cpanel.
The following provides steps for installing WordPress on web server :-
Step 1: Login to Cpanel of servers www.nameofwebsite.com/cpanel or www.nameofwebsite.com:2082
Use credentials provided by web hosting company to login in cpanel and click on “File Manager”
Step 2: In order to make website publicly accessible select public_hhtml/www
Step 3:- Click on Upload option and upload WordPess installation file which can be found on www.wordpress.org.
Step 4: Extract file.
Note: – Before installing WordPress, web server should have database which would dedicated for this website and user with username, password for that database along with all access rights.
Step 5: Click on MYSQL from cpanel
Step 6: Create database
Step 7: Create user with username, password
Step 8: Providing access rights to new user for database.
In order to install on main site, extract all files from WordPress zip in public_html instead of public_html/wordpress.
Step 9: Type in browser www.nameofthewebsite.com/wordpress to start WordPress installation. Select language of installation and click continue.
Step 10: Provide database name, username, password is created is step 6,7,8.
Step 11: Submit and click on Run Install
Step 12: Provide information about website.
Step 13: Click on Install WordPress and login with username and password provided in above step.
Backend of WordPress